Praying Like Monks Living Like Fools
What if, until now, you’ve never really prayed. Not like Jesus designed it, anyway.’
Prayer is the source of Jesus’s most astonishing miracles and the subject of Jesus’ most audacious promises, and yet, most people – even most Bible-believing Christians – find prayer to be boring, obligatory, disappointing, confusing, or, most often, all of the above.
If you’ve ever felt this way, Praying Like Monks, Living Like Fools is your invitation to trade your conceptions and misconceptions about prayer for prayer in its purest form: a vital, sustaining, powerful connection with God that is more real and alive than you could have ever imagined. In these pages, Tyler Staton – author, pastor, and national director of the 24/7 Prayer movement – addresses common roadblocks to prayer and gives you the confidence to come to God just as you are.
Through biblical teaching, powerful storytelling, and insights on historic Christian practices, Staton helps you …
· Express your doubts and disappointments about prayer
· Discover and practice multiple postures of prayer, including silence, persistence, confession, and more
· Understand and embrace the wonder and mystery of prayer in everyday life
· Realize that prayer is a powerful invitation to partner with God in the redemption of a fallen world
· And, ultimately, open or reopen the line of communication with your Creator and experience afresh his divine power on earth.
Prayer is a journey, and this book will help you transition your prayer life from a path littered with half-hearted requests to a treasured journey of ever-deepening, adventurous relationship with Jesus.